O. Henry Middle School Parent and Student Handbook
- Download the 2022 - 2023 Parent and Student Handbook
- Download the 2021- 2022 Parent and Student Handbook
- Dress Code 101
Austin ISD Student Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- Student Code of Conduct 2022-2023
Student Code of Conduct–2021-22
AISD Code of Conduct Web Page, Click Here
Class of 2022-2023 UPDATES Coming Soon
- I will regularly attend school since it is critical to my success as a student—and it’s the law!
- I will be on time to class, so I can get prepared for the “do now” and lesson.
- I will use a backpack to carry my binder and belongings to each class and keep it organized.
- I will use my Agenda each day for all classes in order to stay organized.
- I am expected to SLANT in each class:
Sit up; Listen; Ask and answer questions; Nod your head; Track the speaker
- I understand if I fail to turn in an assignment, I may be assigned a ZAP (Zeros are Prohibited) detention after school to complete the assignment.
- If I am struggling academically, I will attend tutorials before, during, or after school.
- If I am failing, I understand I may be enrolled in 9th period to improve my grades.
- I am expected to maintain a 70 in every class. If I fail any course in a six weeks period, I will lose the privilege to participate in all activities during the following three-week period.
- I will do my best in the classroom, because knowledge is power and leads to success!
- Dress Code offenses: Student conference, warning, parent contact, change clothes or ISS for the remainder of the day.
- I am expected to not chew gum anywhere in the school building— at any time!
- If I cause a disruption on the bus and receive a bus referral, the following consequences may occur: warnings, bus suspensions, and/or bus removal for the remainder of the semester.
- Any expression of gang affiliation WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- Cell phones or other electronic devices will be confiscated if they are seen, heard, or used on campus during the school day. Retrieving the confiscated property will cost $15.00, after a minimum three-day waiting period. All items must be picked up by an adult.
- I may use a bicycle to travel to and from school, but I will not ride it on campus.
- Skateboards are not allowed on campus or the bus. If a skateboard is brought to school, it will be confiscated and must be picked up by an adult.
- I will not sell, possess, or consume any illegal substance while on campus. This includes: alcohol, drugs and tobacco products.
- I will not take another person’s property. It is a crime and I may be arrested. If I see a theft, or know if somebody has stolen an item, I will report it to the AP, or call CrimeStoppers.
LET’S BULLY-PROOF OUR SCHOOL:
- If I choose to strike another student on school grounds, I may be immediately removed from school.
- If I choose to verbally, physically, or sexually harass another student or students on school grounds, I may receive a referral, BMC, suspension, or expulsion.
- If I am having a problem with another student, my choices are the following: 1) ignore the student , 2) kindly, but assertively, address the student at an appropriate time and place. 3) contact an adult.
- If I witness any bullying, I will report it immediately to my counselor, AP, or fill out a form and place it in the BULLY BOX.
- I will walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods and use an inside voice.
- I will make good choices in the Cafe O. Henry and keep my area clean.
- I will abide by all dance guidelines, including prompt pick-up at the end of the dance.
- I am expected to fully participate in RODEO activities every day.
- I understand that if I am on campus after 3:50 p.m. for any reason other than academics or extracurricular activities, I may receive detention or BMC.
- I understand that if I disrespect the rights of O. Henry neighbors, including trespassing or criminal mischief on their property, I may be ticketed by the police.